- It is Khmer New Year in mid-April and most people return home for the festival. Our colleagues and students have a week of holiday until April 19. The service targets of our two homes have started returning home in early April and they are staying home for two weeks for the New Year. After that, all students, service targets and staff members will take a rapid test. May the Lord bless us all with health and peace, as well as a good time with family members.
- The epidemic has impacted the economy and society and there have been more sexual harassment cases and domestic violence cases. Government corruption has also worsened.
- After a peak in February, the epidemic has slowed down since. As over 90% of the population has been vaccinated, even when infected, the symptoms are usually not serious. All special entry policies regarding Covid-19 have been suspended and the economy is recovering.
(Right: We prepared the girls food for the New Year)
Pleroma School for Girls (PSG)
- Please continue to pray for the construction of the secondary school campus. We are approaching the rainy season, which will affect construction progress. With the last phase of the construction to go, we pray that all will go smoothly.
(Right: PSG new building soon will be completed)
Pleroma Home for Girls (PHG) and Pleroma Home for Women (PHW)
- Please pray for our service targets that are returning home. Besides for health and peace, please also pray for some of them that need to deal with their emotions. Please pray for the safety of our services and our colleagues that will escort them back to the homes after the New Year.
- Please continue to pray for the renewal of our MOU. We are thankful that we have completed the application procedures required by some government departments.
- The PHW is looking to hire a counselor. We pray that the Lord will prepare a kind sister with a Christian background for us.
- We will build houses for six poor households this year and we are starting on our first house on April 26. This is our new project and therefore we have no experience at all. But we are thankful that the Lord has prepared people from different walks of life to participate in the project together. We pray that the Lord will guide us in grace.
Pleroma Community Center (PCC):
- We are thankful that the attendance of our children and youth gatherings has been stable after the resumption of physical gathering. They have been eagerly participating and serving other children in outreach activities.
- We are thankful that the students of our pre-school classes are doing better and enjoying learning. Even when their parents suggested taking leave for them, they told their parents they did not wish to take leave, but to keep going to class. We are thankful for their proactive learning attitude since such a young age.
- Please pray for our women sewing workshop, which is lacking in progress for now. We pray for wisdom to handle it properly.
（Above right: Students of pre-school are studying hard）