By Debbie C. and Heather X. | Sept. 14, 2021
Pleroma Home for Girls (PHG) and Pleroma Home for Women (PHW)：
- We are preparing our summer online bible class for the children in our community and our secondary school students. We pray that the Lord will bring students to us and that the class will go smoothly.
- We are making preparations for the recruitment of our community tutorial class for the new school year. We pray that the Lord grant us wisdom that we will make suitable arrangements for the education of the children under the pandemic.
Pleroma School for Girls (PSG)：
- We are thankful that the school year has officially ended. We pray that our students and teachers will have a restful break.
- We expect to be able to resume in-person classes for the secondary section in the new school year, while the primary section will probably stick to online classes. We pray that the Lord will grant us wisdom to make appropriate arrangements.
- Please remember the recruitment and learning of junior primary students especially in your prayers. We hope that parents will not withdraw their daughters from studies because classes will be conducted online.
- Please pray for the recruitment of primary and secondary teaching staff.
- Please continue to pray for the progress, safety and quality of the construction of the secondary campus.
- Please pray for the physical and mental health of our service targets at both the PHG and the PHW. Under the pandemic, a lot of activities, including outings, have been affected.
- The Pchum Ben Festival is an important Cambodia festival in October. In the past, we let our service targets return home for the festival to be with their family. However, because of the pandemic, we are facing a dilemma. On one hand, they haven’t returned home for a year and a half and they really miss their family, so we have to let them go home. On the other hand, it would be risky to their family members and the homes if they do go back. We have now decided that we will let them return home after the festival, and we will send them home one by one, so as to avoid the risk of getting infected by taking public transport during peak periods over the holiday. Since we do not have enough space at the homes for quarantine arrangements, we will let them come back in batches. We pray that the Lord help us make the best arrangements and protect us all from the virus.
- We pray the Lord grant us wisdom, so that we may make appropriate arrangements regarding work schedule of the staff, activities at the homes and work in other provinces in times of the pandemic.
- Please pray for the recovery of one of our caregivers. She just underwent surgery and will be resting for a month or so.
- Please pray for one of the PHG court cases. We pray that the Lord will give her strength to tell her truth in court.
- Please pray for the families facing financial difficulties. We also pray that the Lord will protect the girls & women in these families from all kinds of violence and hurt.